Position: Underwriting Manager – Agile Underwriting Solutions
Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Agile Underwriting Solutions (Agile) is a Managing General Insurance Agency (MGA) specializing in hard to place Personal and Commercial property coverage. We develop industry specific programs to fit specific needs that brokers have told us are not adequately met by other insurance markets. Agile began operations in 1995 and has since helped countless Canadian brokers find coverage for challenging Personal and Commercial Lines accounts.
We are currently seeking an Underwriting Manager to develop and grow the business by writing new business, building new products and bringing existing products across Canada while maintaining profitability, delivering exceptional response times and increasing efficiency within the organization.
- Oversee the Underwriting Department
- Responsible for delivering Underwriting and GWP results
- Maintain strong broker relationships
- Deliver brilliant service to both internal and external customers
- Provide clear leadership and direction to our national underwriting team. Fostering a strong culture of growth while consistently looking for new ways to develop the business and remove barriers to provide top notch service.
- Develop the team to provide appropriate levels of underwriting, trading and negotiation skills.
- Comply with underwriting policies and guidelines in relation to licensing and general internal controls.
- Support staff development, talent management and performance management initiatives
- Quote, issue, amend and renew risks
- Minimum of five years as a property/casualty underwriter (leadership experience considered an asset)
- Engaging, motivational leadership skills
- Result driven
- Completion of CIP/CAIB/CRM (or in the process of completion)
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and business writing skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills
- High-functioning, self motivated, focused, goal and detail oriented
- University degree or post-secondary diploma an asset
- Passion for continuous improvement and proven ability to lead and execute change successfully
- Strong broker relationships
Applications will be evaluated upon submission and interviews will commence immediately. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by forwarding your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org