Grow with us at Agile Underwriting Solutions!
- Responsible for the successful evaluation, selection, negotiation, and pricing for assigned property/ casualty policies in order to ensure a profitable book of business within established underwriting authority.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with brokers and/or insurance company partners to enhance understanding of the target market and to contribute to quality service, problem solving, and risk selection.
- Drive new and renewal business growth objectives through in-person visits, relationship building, distribution of marketing materials and participation in industry events.
- Apply appropriate quality underwriting and risk selection on quoted business
- Mentor and train less experienced underwriters and support staff.
- Work collaboratively on special projects and assignments when required.
Who you are:
- Innovative and a change champion by nature.
- Ability to orient and learn customer management systems quickly.
- Able to work in a highly effective team environment who are results focused.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in property and casualty small to medium sized commercial insurance accounts
- Broker relationships within Atlantic Canada
- Passion for sales develop and the ability to find solutions for our brokers
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Actively pursuing CIP/FCIP designation an asset
Compensation: Competitive Total Rewards Offering
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position
In return we offer:
- A workplace that is innovative and growth-minded.
- Competitive Total Rewards Program
- Our priorities are our clients, people and culture.
- Current location offers ample free parking and convenient shopping in the area.
Applying to Agile Underwriting Solutions
We welcome applications that include your cover letter, resume and any other career portfolio material you would like to provide.
As an applicant, you agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Storm Insurance Group, or its affiliated companies, your personal information may be retained for recruitment purposes only, for a period up to twelve months.
We thank you for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview, please get to know us in advance and come with questions! We want this to be a two-way dialogue.
Closing: April 27, 2018