Agile Underwriting Solutions (Agile) has an exciting opportunity for a new Underwriting Assistant at our Bedford, Nova Scotia office. If you have strong attention to detail, are proactive, organized, efficient and excited about growing a career in the insurance industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
- Competitive Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Career growth opportunities
- Continued development and education program
The Underwriting Assistant will support the underwriting function by processing policy information with a high attention to detail and issuing policy documentation to brokers in a timely manner.
In this role you will:
- Provide timely and accurate input and issuance of new policies, renewals, endorsements and cancellations.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with brokers and insurance/reinsurance partners by providing fast and accurate documentation and response to inquiries and attending insurance industry events as opportunities arise.
- Review documentation for completeness and follow up on incomplete or missing items.
- Manage an abeyance system and new business logs to meet client service standards.
- Create, manage and maintain office and processing guidelines and procedures.
- Sort and handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of company operations and procedures.
- Provide training, support, and guidance to more junior team members.
- Work collaboratively with various departments and on special projects when required.
Here’s what you bring:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of broker management systems such as Policy Works, TUW etc., Outlook, Word, Excel
- Efficient typing and data entry skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled in effective time management, multi-tasking, and adaptability
- Proactive and collaborative in meeting the needs of the clients and the team
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Post-secondary education with CAIB or CIP; or eligible/willing to complete
- General insurance knowledge; personal and commercial lines is an asset
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the link below: