Agile Underwriting Solutions has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Underwriter for Commercial Lines in Dartmouth, NS. This is a hybrid position.
Don’t miss this chance to be part of a dynamic team that is growing rapidly! This is a great opportunity if you are looking to grow your insurance knowledge and advance in your career. At Agile Underwriting Solutions, you will enjoy working in a vibrant, collaborative and supportive team environment.
Interested in learning more?
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, with flexible options
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
In this role you will:
- Responsible for evaluation, selection, negotiation, and pricing of new business and retention of assigned renewal policies resulting in a profitable, sustainable book of business within an established underwriting authority
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with our broker and insurance/reinsurance partners to enhance understanding of market conditions and to contribute to quality service, problem-solving and risk selection
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of company operations and procedures
- Collaboration with underwriting, claims, accounting, and business development departments and on special projects when required
- Assists in portfolio rollovers and claims analysis
- Compiles various reports for the management team
- Responsible for underwriting and pricing endorsement requests
- Maintain market intelligence, business insurance trends and industry knowledge
- Establish and maintain superior business and service-oriented partnerships with broker clients through attendance at broker events and industry conferences
Here’s what you bring:
- 2 years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Working toward, or completion of, CIP, FCIP, or CRM designation an asset
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as a contributing team member
- Expertise in policy wordings, forms, and applicable coverages
- Positive attitude and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial approach
- Strong analytical, collaborative, and organizational skills, highly detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong MS Office skills (particularly Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen and capable of representing the organization externally
- Partner with peers in other product lines to leverage multi-line opportunities
You belong here
We strive to be much more than a great place to work. Here, you join a collective of incredibly vibrant, purpose driven, and open-minded people. Every day, Westland proves that building a great business means taking care of communities, clients, and each other with equal commitment. You will be supported and respected for who you are and for the voice you add to the conversation.
At Agile, you will feel the power of community. Agile Underwriting Solutions is an inclusive organization that values diversity in its workforce. We listen, champion equity and diversity, and create safe welcoming spaces where everyone has a voice and is free to be themselves. Westland Insurance Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application through the link below: