Agile Underwriting Solutions Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Underwriting Manager in a hybrid position at our Calgary, AB office. Don’t miss this chance to be part of a dynamic team that is growing rapidly! This is a great opportunity if you are looking to grow your insurance knowledge and advance in your career. At Agile Underwriting Solutions you will enjoy working in a vibrant, collaborative and supportive team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive flexible medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education program
In the leadership position of Commercial Underwriting Manager, you will manage the regional commercial underwriting team in AB, SK, and MB.
You will bring together strong leadership and sales skills, along with commercial technical experience, to support the team in achieving the goals of the company, our brokers and employees.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Manages the Commercial team, including but not limited to, client service, satisfaction and retention; sales; claims resolution; employee attraction, retention, employee engagement and development.
- Responsible for leading a sales focused Commercial team in meeting sales targets, which includes renewal retention, rate increases, cross selling, and upselling.
- Responsible for Commercial team profitability within the branch. Review and monitor reports for key performance indicators.
- Convenes and leads regular meetings with the team and ensures initiatives are implemented effectively.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports on time.
- Promote and support professional development for their reports.
- Help plan and support career aspirations with their team members.
- Leadership of market and business development resources of the branches Commercial team, including personally building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with external carrier partners.
- Reinforces collaboration and demonstrates commitment to excellence, while establishing a client focused experience in the office. Building an exceptional client experience through which you will differentiate Westland in the marketplace.
- Fosters an environment of innovation and change; seeking to understand business needs, uncover areas for improving efficiency and process, and supporting the team in leading change initiatives.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and technical skills, working towards higher educations, CAIB, CIP etc.
Here’s what you bring:
- Insurance Broker Level 2 License; working towards or completion of CIP designation
- Minimum 8 years’ Commercial Insurance experience
- Proven experience as a manager of people and as a team builder
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, an active listener
- Ability to act as a change agent in a rapidly growing & changing environment
- A natural ability at instilling a culture of client service
- Adaptable when priorities change throughout the day based on team or client needs
- Strong work ethic without sacrificing your ability to have fun on the job
Want to get to know each other better? Send your resume our way.
You belong here
We strive to be much more than a great place to work. Here, you join a collective of incredibly vibrant, purpose driven, and open-minded people. Every day, Westland proves that building a great business means taking care of communities, clients, and each other with equal commitment. You will be supported and respected for who you are and for the voice you add to the conversation.
At Agile, you will feel the power of community. Agile Underwriting Solutions is an inclusive organization that values diversity in its workforce. We listen, champion equity and diversity, and create safe welcoming spaces where everyone has a voice and is free to be themselves. Westland Insurance Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at email@example.com
Please submit your application through the link below: