Agile Underwriting Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a new Manager, Underwriting Assistant at our Bedford, Nova Scotia office.
What we offer:
- Competitive Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Career growth opportunities
- Continued development and education program
The Manager, Underwriting Assistant will support the underwriting function and broker relationship with timely and accurate input of client information and issuance of policy documentation. You will also provide support, expertise, mentorship and guidance to a team of Underwriting Assistants.
In this role you will:
- Provide direction to team members and provide leadership to the team of Underwriting Assistants.
- Convenes and leads regular meetings with the team and supports the Operations Manager by ensuring initiatives are implemented effectively.
- Reinforces collaboration and demonstrates commitment to excellence, while supporting a client focused experience within the team.
- Timely and accurate input and issuance of new policies, renewals, endorsements and cancellations.
- Review documentation for completeness and follow up on incomplete or missing items.
- Respond to Underwriter inquiries and liaise with finance/accounting regarding status of policies or accounts.
- Create, manage and maintain office and processing guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of company operations and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with various departments and on special projects when required.
Here’s what you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- CIP designation (or in-progress) preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Policy Works &/or TUW, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Efficient typing and data entry skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled in effective time management, multi-tasking, and adaptability
- Proactive and collaborative in meeting the needs of the clients and the team
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
Please submit your application through the link below: