Agile Underwriting Solutions
(“Agile”) is a Managing General Insurance Agency. We specialize in hard
to place Personal and Commercial property coverage. We develop industry
specific programs to fit specific needs that brokers have told us are
not adequately met by other insurance markets. Agile began operations in
1995 and since then has helped countless Canadian brokers find coverage
for challenging Personal and Commercial Lines accounts.
We are currently seeking a Senior Commercial Underwriter to develop and grow the business by writing new business, managing a renewal portfolio and bringing existing products across Canada while maintaining profitability, and delivering exceptional response times.
- P&C Underwriting
- Underwrite new business as presented by a broker’s office
- Achieve assigned monthly sales goals
- Maintain the existing renewal book
- Underwrite and negotiate renewals
- Ensure Customer Service Standards are consistently met
- Portfolio Management
- Monitor each key Broker’s results semi-annually
- Monitor Underlying Portfolio results and adjust accordingly
- Report directly to Senior management
- Minimum of three years as a property/casualty underwriter
- Completion of CIP/CAIB/CRM or in the process of completion.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, and business writing skills
- Ability to multitask and work calmly under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills
- High-functioning, self motivated, focused, goal and detail oriented
- University degree or post-secondary diploma an asset
- Strong broker relationships
- Demonstrable proficiency in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, including underwriting coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management and managing local brokerage plans
Ability to take initiative and work effectively with minimal direction
Applications will be evaluated upon submission and interviews will commence immediately.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Underwriting: 1 year (Required)