Agile Underwriting Solutions has an exciting leadership opportunity for a Vice President, Personal Insurance and Programs. In the leadership position of Vice President, Personal Insurance and Programs, you will represent Agile Underwriting Solutions to the market and drive profitable growth nationally leading our habitational and digital initiatives. You will bring together expert business acumen and strong underwriting technical skills, constantly balancing risk and opportunity to achieve the goals of the company, our partners and our employees.
What we offer:
- A highly customer centric organization and position focused on service first
- High-growth company environment with great opportunity for development
- Competitive compensation structure and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
The role is accountable for profit and growth, enhancing employee engagement, talent management and business plan execution. Responsibilities include driving loss performance and revenue growth with relentless persistence to achieve or exceed targets. A critical component of the role is developing people and enhancing long-term broker and insurer partner relationships, coaching managers to improve leadership and to ensure operational excellence and efficiency.
- Oversight of the responsible deployment of capacity. Ensuring underwriting teams are operating within contract guidelines while maximizing productivity. Demonstrates collaboration with other lines of business within the MGA (Managing General Agent) through effective communication and teamwork.
- Identifies and develops strategies related to competitive, environmental and industry trends that may impact marketing position and member satisfaction; sets direction; focuses resources and executes plans to develop and grow the business.
- Fosters and maintains strong relationships with key business partners, primarily, brokers and the Insurance companies through which the MGA holds delegated underwriting authorities as well as our broker partners.
- Maintains a high level of current industry knowledge and actively participates in professional associations related to insurance such as the various provincial Insurance Brokers Associations, staying at the forefront of the profession.
- In collaboration with People & Performance, oversight of Talent Management within the divisions; ensuring team is executing upon attraction, recruitment, retention and engagement strategies.
- Takes an active role in ensuring the ongoing development of employees; ensures team and individual goals are set, coaching and feedback is being provided consistently and leaders are identifying career development opportunities based on interests and strengths.
- Participates and contributes as a member of Agile’s Senior Leadership team to provide input into and then executing upon the strategic plan. Leads the development of the divisions annual business plan(s) complete with revenue growth targets and tactics that will meet or exceed the budget for personal lines and programs.
- Reviews and monitors key performance metrics on a regular basis, working with managers to implement actions to address deficiencies and enhance successes.
- Promotes the achievement of profitable underwriting while encouraging a sales and service culture through motivational leadership and coaching.
- Accountable for profitability of the Personal and Programs portfolios by ensuring underwriting targets are met, teams are effectively managing salary budgets and forecasting of resourcing requirements.
Here’s what you bring:
- Preference for a Level 3 General Insurance License or willingness to obtain if previous transferable experience from applicable business environment
- Industry designation preferred (CAIB, CIP, FCIP)
- Minimum 10 years of senior leadership experience, preferable in the MGA or Insurance Carrier side of the business
- Experience managing business and / or cultural transformation projects
- Experience leading the enhancement of client service excellence
- Strong understanding of change management
- Experience in contributing to strategic direction and implementing plans / actions as it relates to achieving overall revenue, profit, and employee engagement goals
- Experience collaborating with various business leaders and problem solving
- Motivated to roll up your sleeves in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal and presentation/public speaking
- Experience mentoring and developing business leaders
- Excellent business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with mergers & acquisitions
Please submit your application through the link below: