Agile Underwriting Solutions (Agile) has an exciting opportunity for a new Commercial Underwriter at our brand new Surrey, BC office. This is a hybrid position. If you are career minded and have a passion for commercial underwriting, you’ll love working for us!
What we offer:
- Competitive Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Career growth opportunities
- Continued development and education program
The Commercial Underwriter will develop and grow the business by writing new business, managing a renewal portfolio and bringing existing products across Canada while maintaining profitability, and delivering exceptional response times.
In this role you will:
- Property & casualty underwriting
- Underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products, coverage, pricing, production and delivery, risk management and managing local brokerage plans
- Quoting and underwriting new business as presented by a broker’s office
- Underwriting and negotiating renewals
- Achieving assigned monthly sales goals
- Ensuring customer service standards are met
- Applying underwriting guidelines
Here’s what you bring:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a property/casualty underwriter
- Experience working for an MGA an asset
- University degree or post-secondary diploma
- Completion of CIP/CAIB/CRM or working towards it
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Excellent time management and ability to multitask
- Exceptional customer service and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & broker relationships
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively with minimal direction
You belong here
We strive to be much more than a great place to work. Here, you join a collective of incredibly vibrant, purpose driven, and open-minded people. Every day, Westland proves that building a great business means taking care of communities, clients, and each other with equal commitment. You will be supported and respected for who you are and for the voice you add to the conversation.
At Agile, you will feel the power of community. Agile Underwriting Solutions is an inclusive organization that values diversity in its workforce. We listen, champion equity and diversity, and create safe welcoming spaces where everyone has a voice and is free to be themselves. Westland Insurance Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at email@example.com