Agile Underwriting Solutions has an exciting leadership opportunity for a Regional Vice-President, Prairies. In the senior leadership position of Regional Vice-President, Prairies, you will represent Agile Underwriting Solutions Inc. to the market and drive growth within the Prairies Region (AB, SK and MB). You will bring together expert business acumen and strong technical skills, constantly balancing risk and opportunity to achieve the goals of the company, our broker partners, insurers, our insureds and employees.
This is a hybrid position to be based in our Calgary office.
What we offer:
- A highly customer centric organization and position focused on service first
- High-growth company environment with great opportunity for development
- Competitive compensation structure and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
The role is accountable for growth and profitability, enhancing employee engagement, talent management and business plan execution. Responsibilities include driving underwriting results and revenue growth with relentless persistence to achieve or exceed targets. A critical component of the role is developing people and enhancing long-term partner relationships, coaching managers to improve leadership and to develop the Agile brand within the Prairies market.
- Responsible for Talent Management within the region; ensuring team is executing upon attraction, recruitment, retention and engagement strategies.
- Takes an active role in ensuring the ongoing development of employees; ensures team and individual goals are set, coaching and feedback is being provided consistently and leaders are identifying career development opportunities based on interests and strengths.
- Participates and contributes as a member of the Senior Leadership team to provide input into and then executing upon the strategic plan. Leads the development of the Region’s annual business plan(s) complete with growth and profitability targets and tactics that will meet or exceed the budget for both personal and commercial lines.
- Brand promotion – Participates in territorial industry events as well as working with marketing to arrange broker events, promotional initiatives to drive brand awareness and growth
- Reviews and monitors key performance metrics on a regular basis, working with Regional Managers to implement actions to address deficiencies and enhance successes.
- Promotes the achievement of a strong, proactive sales, underwriting and service culture through motivational leadership and coaching.
- Accountable for profitability within the Region by ensuring growth and profitability targets are met, teams are effectively managing salary budgets and forecasting of resourcing requirements.
- Identifies and develops strategies related to competitive, environmental and industry trends that may impact Agile’s market position; sets direction; focuses resources and executes plans to develop and grow the business.
- Fosters and maintains strong relationships with Agile’s key business partners, primarily, our key brokers and the Insurance companies through which the company writes business.
- Maintains a high level of current industry knowledge and actively participates in professional associations related to insurance such as Insurance Brokers Association in the Prairies (AB, SK and MB), staying at the forefront of the profession.
- Leverages relationship skills and mentoring to manage groups and motivate teams to work together to deliver results.
- Travel as required
Here’s what you bring:
- University degree or equivalent
- CIP/FCIP/ or CAIB
- Minimum of 10 years management experience within the insurance industry
- Experience within an Insurer or MGA
- Experience building a successful brand and team
- Strong underwriting background essential – Personal and Commercial Insurance
- Strong communications skills – verbal and written
- Presentation skills
You belong here
We strive to be much more than a great place to work. Here, you join a collective of incredibly vibrant, purpose driven, and open-minded people. Every day, Westland proves that building a great business means taking care of communities, clients, and each other with equal commitment. You will be supported and respected for who you are and for the voice you add to the conversation.
At Agile, you will feel the power of community. Agile Underwriting Solutions is an inclusive organization that values diversity in its workforce. We listen, champion equity and diversity, and create safe welcoming spaces where everyone has a voice and is free to be themselves. Westland Insurance Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at email@example.com
Please submit your application through the link below: