Agile Underwriting Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a Personal Lines Underwriter at our BC office. This role will be responsible for representing Westland Insurance Group Ltd. and collecting information from reputable sources to evaluate and manage degrees of risk involved with an insurance policy.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
The Personal Lines Underwriter will underwrite and prepare quotes for a wide variety of policies by reviewing related information and determining the acceptability of personal lines risks. As the Personal Lines Underwriter, you will also play an active role in building relationships with Brokers. Your success stems from your ability to foster and maintain business relationships with internal and external partners, as well as reviewing and assessing risk information on behalf of Westland.
In this role you’ll:
- Evaluating, selecting, negotiating and pricing for assigned policies, including non-standard and complex accounts, in order to ensure a profitable book of business within an established underwriting authority.
- Developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with brokers and insurance/reinsurance partners to enhance understanding of the target market and to contribute to high quality service, problem solving and risk selection.
- Gathering and assessing appropriate risk information from internal brokers and accept or decline submissions, utilizing loss control and risk management practices, based on suitability of risk and market availability.
- Completing personal lines file reviews, file audits and large loss reports.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of company operations and procedures, internal and external claim trends, industry underwriting and wording standards.
- Providing support, expertise, mentorship and guidance to more junior team members.
- Working collaboratively with various departments and support team members on special projects when required.
- Educating brokers on product appetite, submission needs, and other business-related items.
Here’s what you bring:
- A minimum 3- 5 years experience in Personal Lines underwriting
- Broad knowledge and understanding of underwriting discipline and pricing models
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Self-motivated and adaptable with an entrepreneurial approach
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
You belong here
We strive to be much more than a great place to work. Here, you join a collective of incredibly vibrant, purpose driven, and open-minded people. Every day, Westland proves that building a great business means taking care of communities, clients, and each other with equal commitment. You will be supported and respected for who you are and for the voice you add to the conversation.
At Agile, you will feel the power of community. Agile Underwriting Solutions is an inclusive organization that values diversity in its workforce. We listen, champion equity and diversity, and create safe welcoming spaces where everyone has a voice and is free to be themselves. Westland Insurance Ltd. encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the recruitment team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application through the link below: